braised ham-hocks - bacon
1. cut collard greens into strips the size of your finger.
2. render diced bacon in dutch oven.
3. add chopped onions and garlic. sweat on low until translucent.
4. add touch of bbq spices. get em toasty.
5. add collard greens. season with ham hock stock, molasses, touch of apple cider vinegar. cover and simmer. stir occasionally until the greens are nice and tender.
6. drain the greens, keeping the liquid.
7. reduce liquid. finish with butter. fold greens back into the jus.
8. fold in chunks of braised ham hocks.
9. eat that shit.
10. die happy.